Fantastic Fresh Fruit
The freshest, best quality fruits will appeal to all the senses - pay attention to how they look, feel and smell. All too often, produce that's been grown quickly in a greenhouse or imported from afar is lacking in colour and flavour. That usually means it's lower in nutrients too. Where possible pick organic fruits - particularly if it has a soft skin you’re going to eat!
Wherever you can, choose locally grown, in season produce - this has been harvested more recently and therefore retains more nutrients. Choose fruit that's heavy and firm (but not hard) - this indicates that it's ripe and fresh.
Top 5 fruity toppings
- Peanut butter, goji berries, chopped almonds & pure maple syrup
- Crunchy coconut, blueberries & honey
- Raspberries, hemp seeds & honey
- Blueberries, raspberries, crunchy coconut & honey
- Bananas, Chia seeds & pure maple syrup